Friday, June 19, 2015

Project: Bouquet Charms

Project: Bouquet Charms

Inspiration: I knew I wanted some ways to honor our several late grandparents, and I saw the bouquet charm idea online. What I liked most was the idea that they get to "walk down the aisle" with you.


Cost/Materials/How I Did It: I'm going to actually just point you to the blog post that I used to create them! I followed these directions pretty much to a T, using similar products I got at Michael's. I really liked how things turned out with charms by Bead Landing. So, here is a link to the directions, and thank you to Sarah for writing great ones! http://sarahsaving.blogspot.com/2014/01/diy-photo-pendant-for-under-250.html



The Outcome: I'm really pleased with these. They were easy to make, and are the perfect little sentimental detail for my bouquet.

Lessons Learned/Tips: One thing I did a little differently from Sarah was that I didn't use (at least what seemed to be) original photos. I took pictures of the photos I wanted to use, then sent them to my e-mail. I opened them in Picasa (my favorite free photo editing tool), cropped them down to the sizes I would need, and turned them all sepia tone. This way I didn't have to worry about ruining any original photos, and I was able to print all four of my own grandparents for about 7 cents (yes, I couponed to get one 4x6 print at Walgreens).

Would I Do It Again: Yes, and I'll have to soon since I don't have the pictures from my fiance's side yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment